Sunday 21 April 2013

A News Update...



So, some updates:

  1. The American in the room next to mine has cholera. Lovely!
  2. The water in my building has been out for a week.
  3. The strike is over, but, so far, there will not be any changes in the finals schedule, despite the 2½ weeks of missed class. 
  4.  My roommate’s mother has been in the hospital for several weeks. She is so stressed; I wish that I could help her somehow.
  5. There is a lizard trapped in my room. I can’t figure out how to encourage it to leave…


Yeah. I am ready to come home. Home to water that does not shut off. Home to reliable wifi. But, as I have only five weeks left in Ghana, I have suddenly realized that I have so many things left to do! I still have the trip to Winneba for the hunting festival in May. I have to figure out when I can make it up to Mole, the National Park where you can get within twenty meters of elephants! And there are several things in Accra that I still want to see—the National Museum and a market known for its bead selection, for example. And I have to get ready for finals, too! Ach! My perception of time has shifted once again! In February, I had all the time in the world. Now, I have only five weeks. Of course, three of those weeks will be mostly free time, as more time is allotted for finals here. I have two free weeks before my first final. They did give us specific instructions advising us not to travel during finals week…but pretty much everyone is anyway… So much to do and think about in so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment